Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Great "RV" find..and ANOTHER award!

Wow- yesterday was a great day! No, I did not find an RV or trailer yet, but I did find another little goodie.... I have been thinking that I need to get a good book with information on the different states, places to visit, etc....

Yesterday, we had co-op. Co-op is where homeschool families get together and the kids take a couple of classes with other homeschoolers, go on field trips, etc... We have a moms room, complete with snacks (yum...) and clothes, books and such that moms are giving away.

I started looking at books, remarking to another woman that I DO NOT need more books....well 4 books later I walked away.

My best find? The book, (Reader's Digest's) America From The Road -A Motorist's Guide To Our Countrys Natural Wonders And Most Interesting Places.

It's like 20 years old, but I don't think any of the natural wonders have moved although some of the maps may have changed somewhat.


I was reading that thing for quite a while last night. I learned quite a bit about New York State- um...my own home state!

Continuing on...



I received another award!





Wow, I've found a new friend for sure....

Thanks AmandaK for another great award..........um, wonder if AmandaK has a nice driveway with electrical hook-ups and water?

Calm down, AmandaK- kidding!

All kidding aside, I love that someone likes my blog. I remember the first lonely year with my other blog, Working in Jammies and Loving It.

I'm just thrilled that this blog is taking off quickly.

I can't wait to get on the road and post pics of great places, along with a little history on said places...

Now I must go and get working on my business, promoting my blog and loving life!

Later my great friends.

P.S. I did not forget about my 1st award- I will work on the blogs I'm awarding later today.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award!

    My cousin has a blog all about her RVing adventures! It`s http://cottageonwheels.wordpress.com/ She`s taking a hiatus from it for the cold weather but it`s getting warmer so I would think she`ll be getting back to it shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they sell this book on amazon?

    BTW check out our blog napkin-dreams.blogspot.com

    We are a family that is going to go full-time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started blogging for readers and then once I started blogging for myself, my personal way of getting things out. That people would start liking it.

    I had to move my blog to another location recently, but I LOVE that the people who appreciated it made sure to find me again.

    Its a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to blog. But I am going to take a road trip coast to coast.

    ReplyDelete