Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The search continues....

It is totally insane looking at Rv's and trailers. The used ones cost almost as much as new.

I started looking at Class C's- small ones you could drive. Most that I saw in my price range, -0- (kidding!) were either smelly, needed a total overhaul, or were 30 years old.

We started looking at new trailers, the kind you haul. Put a thousand or so down, finance the rest. But I really don't want to finance much.

I did go see this today:


It really looks better in "real life" than this pic.


It has a front "bedroom"- a queen bed with cupboards above and on both sides. It also has bunks- one on top of the other.

AND the bathroom sink is in the bathroom NOT outside of it like a lot of models we've seen.


I love the kitchen area- so clean looking....




It also has tons of storage AND an outdoor shower!

I really like it, it's only a 2003- not too old, but...

it still cost almost the same as new!

Our friends found a pop-up camper for $750!

They had to sew a rip and there's no furnace in it, but heck....

Of course, we are planning on camping a little more than them, and we have a kid or two tagging along, so we need a little more room and heat.

Most pop-up's cost more than regular trailers as a rule. I keep thinking we will luck out if I just keep my eyes open.

If not, we may need a little more time. I was hoping to leave on our maiden voyage on August 1st.

The search continues....

Advertising.....

If your business has to do with RV's, camping, traveling, or a home business that can be done on the road, please consider advertising on my blog.

For rates, email me at freedomathome@hotmail.com

9 comments:

  1. I am SO JEALOUS!! Me and my hubby are always talking about taking road trips in an RV! I can't wait to hear about your adventures :)

    I'm follower #2 (visiting from Friends Following Friends on MBC)! Love for you to come visit and follow me!!

    Have a great night!
    Shelley @ Shelley's Swag
    http://shelleysswag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There,
    Welcome to the club!
    Following you from MBC, when you get a chance, check out my blog
    and follow me back?

    Cheers!

    Ká.Entre.Nós
    http://kaestoueu.blogspot.com/
    P.s.: This is a Bilingual Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! Thanks so much for visiting.

    It is quite exciting- I'm ready to go NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting! Good luck with your search!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing thing!! So very cool!! I would love to get a camper one day! But we cannot afford it at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Upstatemom of 3! Thanks for visiting me here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun summer coming up. i hope you find the right RV for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope so, too! I think they sold the unit in the pic...

    ReplyDelete